First steps to take following an auto accident
With auto accidents occurring every second around the world, the Law Office of Monica Guilarte serves as an advocate for those injured due to the negligence of others.
- Pull over safely and call 911
- Exchange car insurance information with the other drivers involved. Obtain the auto insurance company name; policy number; license plate number of the vehicle; year/make/model of vehicle; driver’s name, address telephone number, and driver’s license number
- If the police arrive on the scene, obtain the police report number.
- Get the names, address and telephone number of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures of the vehicle’s property damage and the area surrounding the scene of the accident.
- Seek medical attention for any injuries.
Before filing a claim with the insurance company, immediately contact the Law Office of Monica Guilarte